Monday, September 6, 2010

It was a short and crazy ride

Who would have thought that our time here in Texas would have been so short lived.  After much praying and fasting, we've decided to pack it up and go home.  I was misled in the job description and became ill and very depressed and worn out rather quickly after being told I would be coaching and teaching (not too big of a deal) however when I got here I was told I would be coaching Junior High as well.  What?!  So after giving it all I had for 5 weeks and only being paid a measly 1000 dollars, we decided to put it into Heavenly Father's hands...not fully prepared for what we would be guided to do. After much prayer and fasting we honestly felt as if we should talk to the athletic director here and tell him that I could no longer do the teaching part of the job and that I would love to stay and teach but I just couldn't do the coaching.  The coaching was taking away from my energy, my husband, and my spirituality.  This was not the easiest thing in the world to do....it was probably one of the hardest things to do in my entire life.  We hoped that their hearts would be softened and they would relieve me of my coaching duties, but Heavenly Father had other plans for us.  We were left without jobs and no source of income...so...scared out of our minds, we once again put prayer and fasting to work and decided to put things all in Heavenly Father's hands again.  We feel like although this was a great learning experience for us and we have really learned to appreciate the things that we have, friends, family, and the Chruch so close...

It is hard not to be angry at everything that has happened, but after talking to my wonderful Mother in law....she helped me realize that Heavenly Father never ever EVER fails on His promises.  As long as we keep our end of the deal, He will always keep His end of the bargain.  So what now?  We remain faithful, do what He has commanded and trust that He will take care of us.  Thanks Mare.....I am so thankful for faithful examples in my life that help me realize that spiritual blessings are far more important than temporal ones.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

wow! crazy! i am glad that you were brave enough to rely on heavenly father, even if that means doing something scary. good luck. i am sure you will find something amazing. :)

Kennessa said...

That is crazy! I always find it interesting how the Lord communicates with me and the learning experiences that come along the way. You will be blessed and the experiences you have had will help you in the future. We are here to gain experience - and unfortunately it's not always good experiences, but they help me learn and grow and become better and more 'refined'. I'm sorry you are in limbo again. All will be well! Continue to trust God and His plan for your life and everything will work out! We love you! Let us know if there is anything we can do for you!